Call for Papers
THE GENERAL CONFERENCE
CONGRESS OF SOUTHEAST ASIAN LIBRARIANS (CONSAL) XVI
BANGKOK – THAILAND, 11-13 JUNE 2015
General Conference of CONSAL XVI is a packet of regular activities conducted by the host country of the CONSAL Meeting. There will be many papers on library and librarians issues from CONSAL country members presented in the conference.
From 11-13 June 2015, the National Library of Thailand in cooperation with the Thai Library Association will be hosting the XVI Congress of Southeast Asian Librarians (CONSAL XVI). The Congress will be convened at BITEC (Bangkok International Trade & Exhibition Centre) Bangkok, Thailand.
The Conference theme is: “ASEAN Aspirations: Libraries for Sustainable Advancement"
OBJECTIVES OF THE ACTIVITY
1. Consolidate solidarity and cooperation among librarians in Southeast Asian countries, focusing on the national heritage and library services.
2. Learn and Share experiences in handling libraries and information services in Southeast Asian countries, and the development in Asian region and around the world.
3. Develop the cooperation of regional projects on library resources and information services.
4. Improve the usage of library services to fulfill the need of library users in each country through the cooperation on interlibrary services among CONSAL country members.
5. Introduce the progress of library achievement in the CONSAL member countries.
6. Encourage librarians, library managers and scientists in the library and information science fields to contribute their capabilities, innovation and experiences.
The Organizing Committee of CONSAL XVI General Conference 2015 invites submission of papers involving the following topics, but not limit to:
1. Information Technology to Enhance ASEAN Knowledge;
2. ASEAN Libraries Cooperation: Resource Sharing and Library Exchange Program;
3. Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR);
4. Library Education and Training;
5. Role of Library Consolidation towards Library Development;
6. Library in ASEAN Reading Society;
7. Conservation and Preservation;
8. Ethics and Standards;
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS
Authors are expected to consider the following requirements:
1. Each author is invited to submit an abstract of 250 – 350 words on or before 10 November 2014, by e-mail to the CONSAL Secretariat General in Bangkok.
2. Authors whose abstracts are accepted by the Committee will be notified by 28 November 2014 and will be invited to submit full papers and Powerpoint 2007 file via e-mail.
3. Deadline for full paper submission is 27 January 2015.
4. Notification of full paper acceptance is 15 March 2015.
5. Deadline for Powerpoint 2007 file submission is 3 April 2015.
6. Presentations shall be limited to 15-20 minutes.
7. All papers must be written and delivered in English.
8. All papers are expected to be original contributions and not previously published nor currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
9. Paper format:
a. Papers must be submitted in Word file (Microsoft Word 2007).
b. Title: Please type in bold, capital letters and use Times New Roman size 14 point font. Leave a line between title and name of author
c. Main body of papers: Please use Times New Roman size 12 point font with single spaced lines. Authors can also send a similar copy in PDF format.
d. A full paper shall not exceed 10 pages.
e. Each page of file should be A-4 standard paper size.
f. Citation and references in APA style.
g. Others will be informed later.
10. Information about author: Author is required to write a brief introduction about his/her CV (maximum 150 words), consisting of:
Achievements on library and information science and services (if possible)
Other important information relating to the author
11. Poster session presentations are invited to submit an abstract of 250-350 words before 10 November 2014, and the poster size to be submitted is A0 International size (84.1 x 118.9 cm.) after the poster abstract has been accepted.
It should be provided with the notice that:
Use the surname first, followed by initials in capital letter for the given names.
Affiliations come after the author’s name.
A recent (2cm x 2cm) color photo is requested.
Contact details of author including address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax, residence telephone shall also be provided
An acknowledgement will be sent within 2 days upon receipt of the abstract.
Registration for the conference is compulsory.
Selected authors for CONSAL XVI Conference Proceedings will be sponsored:
Free registration fee;
Conference’s social activities.
Any submission or inquiries in connection with this Call for Papers shall be addressed to the following:
Chair of Academic Committee
CONSAL XVI Organizing Committee
National Library of Thailand
Samsen Road, Bangkok
Tel: +662-628-5192 Fax: +662-281-7543
Thank you very much for your attention and cooperation in this regional event. The Committee is looking forward to your participation/contribution on the CONSAL XVI General Conference.